Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Worms Crawl In...

Tonight is Halloween!

Hope you've all enjoyed your week at the Halloween Humor Carnival over at Humor Bloggers Dot Com. I know I've had a grand time, reading chilling stories, getting ideas for new costumes, giggling over the week's caption contests and spurting hot apple cider out my nose with each guffaw.

And so, my dear departed readers, I leave you with this childhood classic....

The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out
And some play pinochle on your snout.
Your stomach turns to sickening green
Your guts flow out like whipping cream
Your eyes pop out, your teeth decay
And that's the end of a perfect day...



(It's precisely because of this ditty that I decided as a child to be cremated.)


Be sure to tune in next month as the Humor Bloggers respond to the fight against injustice with

9 comments:

Janice said...

I remember that worm poem all too well. It still creeps me out.

Eolist Petite said...

now there is a ditty i've not heard in a while.

salvation by fire! that seems a bit of a contradiction doesn't it? =P

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Janice: Me too! Squirmy wormies in my coffin just seems wrong in so many ways!

Ms. Petite: Since I figure I'm going to hell anyway, it's a win-win situation!

Stacy Uncorked said...

HA! I haven't heard that little ditty in forever... Glad I've decided to be cremated when I die, too! ;)

Happy Halloween!

Jayne Martin said...

I recently read a news story about a guy who was dead and sitting on his porch for two days before anyone figured it out. Everyone thought he was a Halloween decoration. I think I'd like that. Just prop me up somewhere with a good view, stick a Corona in my hand and let the elements have their way with me.

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Stacy: I'm getting a commission from the crematorium for everyone I recruit!

Jayne: Actually, I wouldn't mind joining you on the porch for a few days. Would you like a slice of lime for that Corona?

Sultan said...

Fighting injustice is a fine thing.

Indigo Roth said...

I too will be cremated. Well, unless I can get the "new exotic topping" thing with Domino's off the ground, that is. "Double Indigo, hold the onions".

The Old Silly said...

"It's precisely because of this ditty that I decided as a child to be cremated."

LMBO, and I would've too! Hey as an old, long time activist I look forward to you wacky bunch of bloggers and what you'll come up with the anti injustice thingy.

Marvin D Wilson

Related Posts with Thumbnails