Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Look Out! It's Margo! And She Looks MAD I tell you! MAD!


Well, I've really done it this time. Mad Mad Margo says my blog has been a little over the top recently. I'm so sorry, Me-Me! I think if I don't apologize publicly, she's going to come over here and Scream at Me. That's right, ME! That's cause she's The Screaming Me Me!

Now, Me-Me has one of the coolest looking blogs I've ever seen. There's just something about that blue header with the yellow and orange letters on the black polka dot background that really WOWs me!

WOW! WOW!

Way cool, Margo! Mad skills there with the blog skins! Wish I was smart enough to do that. Mad Mad Margo's also got a wicked badge:

Anyway, getting down to brass tacks...

Margo actually gave me a little warning label for my blog... seems she wants to use my life as a cautionary tale for others. Here it is...


Not only that, she wants me to do some free association to help you determine just how over the top I actually am. (I'll take my answers to the shrink with me the next time so he can decide whether or not to adjust my meds.)

On with the show...

Official conditions for receiving this award/warning:

1. Answer the questions below using only one word. (I'm sorry.. it's impossible for me to use just one in some instances. so I'm going to cheat by hyphenating a few. Hope Mad Mad Margo doesn't scream at me.)
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Pass it on to 6 of your favorite bloggers.

So, now the questions:
1. Where is your cell phone? pocket
2. Your hair? combed (Hey, for me that's pretty impressive!)
3. Your mother? hard-of-hearing
4. Your father? jolly
5. Your favorite food? pasta
6. Your dream last night? forgettable
7. Your favorite drink? Dr. Pepper (Duh!)
8. Your dream/goal? retirement
9. What room are you in? sun-room
10. Your hobby? blogging
11. Your fear? homelessness
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? vacationing
13. Where were you last night? home
14. Something you aren't? Mensa-material
15. Muffins? carrot
16. Wish list items? gainful-employment
17. Where did you grow up? Iowa
18. Last thing you did? dog-sitting
19. What are you wearing? rags
20. Your TV? won-in-a-raffle!
21. Your pets? Hickory-the-Wonder-Dog
22. Your friends? forgiving
23. Your life? simple
24. Your mood? hopeful
25. Missing someone? Vlad
26. Vehicle? Toyota (old)
27. Something you're not wearing? socks
28. Your favorite store? Target
29. Your favorite color? green (but I wear mostly black & I also like blues with my greens.)
30. When was the last time you laughed? today
31. Last time you cried? September
32. Your best friend? several
33. One place I go over and over? Ann's (see #35)
34. One person who emails me regularly? Engrish (yeah, that's her real name)
35. Favorite place to eat? Ann's (Silly Ann... she still hasn't made the connection that it's always dinner time when I "stop by"... free food!)

Now, because Mad Mad Margo thinks we have to warn others, I get to out 6 of you who are also a little Over the Top. At least we'll have fun together when they send us to "the home." (Do you suppose they have internet access there?)

Indigo Roth, Man of Mystery and Jail Bird!
Bird Shit and Baby Caca, Little Pieces of Crap
K a b l o o e y, Fellow Mad Scientist
Subtorp, Bass or Tuna... Who Knows?
Summer, The Circus Ringmistress
Maelstrom, My 100th Follower


If you don't know these people, go check them out... so you'll know how to escape incarceration in the future.

Thank You, Mad Mad Margo!


22 comments:

JennyMac said...

Congrats on your award! And Hickory the Wonder Dog sounds like a great name for a pet. Looking forward to checking out your list of recipients too.

Unknown said...

Thank you!!! Reposting right now.

Lee said...

Congrats! I love new blogs to check out!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ms. Catty lady!

I messed up and forgot to forward to six others...so yours works for me too.

Is that wrong?

hee hee

Anonymous said...

Oh no...And I thought I wasn't supposed to be like you all this time! Dear lord!
*Runs off*

Me-Me King said...

Wow, Cat Lady, thank your for the awesome shout-out, you are truly "Over the Top"!

I love your answers to Screaming Me-Me's meme. Man, the things you learn about a person.....

Thanks again and have a great day!

Anonymous said...

#14-LOL! And like Hickory-the-wonder-dog( what? only three hyphens, hyuck, hyuck! )Congrats on the award and it may take me a while to pass this on...GAAAAH!


Oh and "Subby" is jus' fine. But if ya wanna know about the other, you'll have to torture yourself to read my first post..muwahahahaa!

Anonymous said...

Hey! #16 is plural! No hyphens, HA!

Madame DeFarge said...

Congrats. Quite right on the lack of socks.

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

JennyMac: Thanks. Checking out recipients is one of my favorite pastimes.

Summer: Oh, goody, goody! Can't wait to see what answers you come up with.

Hot Flash Queen Lee: Me too!

Quirkster: You know you can steal my recipients any day! It's never wrong to steal from your friends.

Scotty: You read me long enough and somethings sure to rub off! (I love warping young minds!)

Me-Me: Thanks again, you marvelous woman, you! Glad you approve of how I demolished the award.

Subby: Do you know how freakin' long it took me to track back to your first post? I had no idea you were so prolific... I'm exhausted! All I can say is @#%&*BASSTUNA*&%#@ (Do I swear like a sailor yet?)
And about #16... do you think that means I get a free wish? Oh, what to wish, what to wish?

MME DeFarge: Most definitely! I like to pretend it's still summer. I'm obstinate like that. (My dad still yells at me when he sees me!)

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Oh no! Punctuation police! I left out the ' in something's. Damn... back to school. But I'll never understand commas.

Retro Kimmer said...

Thank you so muxh for the wonderful compliments on Ms Me Me's blog. I gave both of her blogs a makeover suitable for their charming blog mistress.

Indigo Roth said...

CatLady, you honour me. Too tired and bad tempered to do anything with it today, but my heartfelt thanks. One request? Would you mind changing my description to "Man Of Mystery and Jail BIRD", please? "Jail Bait" is another thing entirely! Indigo

Gone, long gone. said...

Now you're trying to make me work. Even my boss has trouble with that.

ME said...

OK. You are awesome. I can't stop smiling and I actually stomped my left foot a couple of times to drive home the affect you have. I'm going to peek at the blogs now.

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

RetroKimmer: So YOU"RE the one responsible for that awesomeness! Kudos! I'll recommend all my friends!

Indigo: Anything for you, dear man. The birdies have arrived!

Maelstrom: There's no such thing as a free lunch! (or so I've heard) I'll run interference with your boss.

Lyn: Whoa! Stomping? I've caused stomping? That's a first for me.

K A B L O O E Y said...

Woohoo! Hot damn! Yippee-dog and thank-ya, ma'am. (I mean sexy Catwoman) I appreciate the square, even if it does prominently feature an apron. Kind of false representation for me to display an apron, since I've never owned one, or even worn one, for that matter. Hey! I know! Next time I'm in Tar-J I'll tie one on. (I can sneak in the bourbon, no problem)
((It's really good with a Diet Dr. Pepper chaser, and sadly, I'm not kidding about this.)) If you consider that a recipe, maybe I DO warrant the apron-bedecked award. In long, thank you, CatLadyLarew.

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

Congrats on the award. It's well deserved!

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

K a b l o o e y: I feel the same way you do about aprons & cooking. The thought of me wearing an apron is over the top, so that's why it works for me!

MikeWJ: Thanks, my friend! I've been enjoying your posts as well.

K A B L O O E Y said...

Oh, I forgot to say: the phrase "blog skins" really scared me. But then, I "watched" the Buffalo Bill part of Silence of the Lambs from my bathroom, while calling out to my boyfriend "is he gone?" and "can you still see the pit?" That's to say I'm very prone to the heebie-jeebies and your use of the phrase "blog skins" activated them. Could you post an asterisk or other early-warning device before using it again?

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

K a b l o o e y: Anything for you! From now on, * * * is the official K a b l o o e y Warning! Warning! That was a creepy scene in a creepy movie.

Hit 40 said...

Your hanging with some bloggers that I have not visited. I hope I find some time this weekend to pop by their sites.

Related Posts with Thumbnails