Monday, October 5, 2009

And The 100th Stalker Award Goes To....



So, it's finally happened.  This past weekend, Maelstrom logged in as my 100th Follower!  I love followers... especially those who talk back!  Apparently, while he claims there's Nothing to See over at his blog, Maelstrom thought there was something to see over here.  What an honor to be stalked in that way.  

Anyway, this definitely calls for a celebration.  Perhaps I'll make an exploding gingerbread house in Maelstrom's honor.  (Although the post office frowns on sending such gifts through the mail.) Or I could send him a bottle of champagne.  (No, the post office frowns on that, too... as I found out when I tried to send NGIP a bottle of Bully Hill's finest.) Or maybe I could make him a tacky (oops, I meant to say tasteful) award that he can post on his sidebar. (See above.)   Or maybe just send him a bowl of warm milk?  (Yeah, suck that up, buddy!) What to do, what to do? And then it came to me...

I'll Pimp Maelstrom's Blog!

So, in order to pimp his blog, I first have to expose him... here he is:

I know, he looks a little bit like a badass blogger.  Which is okay by me because some of my best friends are badass bloggers.  He regularly kicks up a lot of dust over at Nothing to See Here, Move Along...   

Besides blogging, Maelstrom's also an ace reporter for the WTF News Network.  I actually gave him an award last month and he wrote an article about it...


Guess he was a little suspicious of me and my intentions... but they were really honorable... honest!  And I felt pretty bad (after all the trouble I went to) that he didn't even become a follower right away after my wasting a perfectly good award on him.  But then I found out he'd actually just been waiting around, checking in on my follower list daily so he could jump at the chance to be my 100th stalker.  All is forgiven, Maelstrom!

Maelstrom's also a mentor for geniuses.  Yes, he carefully guides prodigies to develop their inner genius with his Genius of the Week series of posts.  He's even started posting audio clues. Jeff over at Histories, Mysteries and Strangeness is his latest discovery.   These have gotten progressively more difficult as the weeks have gone on.  (Either that, or I've become progressively more stupid.)

Maelstrom is also a gourmand... eating cookies from the world's classiest market, Wegman's.  Wegman's is a Rochester institution, visited by dignitaries from around the world. (Seriously... you often see foreign suits touring Wegman's when they're here on business trips.)

So, those are the basic facts about Maelstrom.  Now go check him out and become a follower of his blog!   He's truly an awesome, badass blogger.  But while you're there, just remember...  the intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating or inhaling contents may be harmful or fatal. Do it anyway... it's definitely worth it!

Thanks, Maelstrom!
And thanks to the rest of you who took the time to click on the "Follow" button!

21 comments:

Lee said...

Congrats on reaching 100! I love your blog and will go check out Maelstrom!

Gone, long gone. said...

You sure make it sound like fun over there! I got pretty excited before I remembered you were talking about me.

ME said...

Hi There. Great blog, and congratulations on 100 and counting.

Indigo Roth said...

Damn, wish I was a badass. *sigh* I'm more of a dark blue pussycat.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 100th. Am I one of the badass bloggers? Probably not, huh.

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Hey, Lee, you Hottie Flashy Queen! Thanks for stopping by again!

Maelstrom: I'm really good about talking about people... usually behind their backs. But this is a special occasion! Thanks for making it happen!

Lyn: Thanks for the visit. (Please do not send in the clowns.)

Indigo: You ARE a badass dark blue pussycat... surely you must know that by now!

Summer: You are DEFINITELY on my badass blogger friend list! Anybody who lets their toddler play with claw hammers is a-okay in my book!

Randomization said...

Hooray for having 100 stalkers!

Love your blog name by the way....a friend of mine told me that I'm going to become the crazy cat lady one day. Not sure why he blurted that out o.O
Haha xD

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Randomization: You helped get me there by being #99! Thanks! And remember... you don't actually have to have cats to be a crazy cat lady!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you, Batty Lady! You've made the jump from the two digits to the threes!
May stalkers live forever.

Moooooog35 said...

I'm follower 103.

Can't wait to see the post about me! I'm tingly with excitement!

Actually..that may not be excitement.

Anonymous said...

Wooooo Hoooo! We hit 100 about the same time. But DAMN - I should have held out...... You sucked me in too soon! Damn you!

Mike said...

You are just flying up the follower tree! I am a guy, we don't get followers too quick! :)

Indigo Roth said...

Hmmm, otin is onto something. I should get me a female avatar. A hot one, for preference. But it'd mess up the police mugshots from the weekend and the spy stories, dammit. Guess I'm stuck being male...

Anonymous said...

I know I'm in there...somewhere-LOL! And I'm too sentimental to be a badass! Cheers to 100+ :)

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Scotty: What would I be without you? Nothing, I tell you! Love those followers!

moooooog: Hmmm.... what sort of prize should I give #103 as my newest follower? I'm thrilled you joined the party!

Jules: Does this mean we're some sort of 100 follower twins? I confess, I did lure you in a bit early... I'll just have to find another occasion to pimp your blog. But wait! I can pimp you every time I write about the Li'l People! That should work!

otin & Indigo: I feel your pain. Perhaps we need to do some serious pimping for the "Hot Men of the Blogosphere" to get you some equal time. How about posing for a calendar?

Hey, Torpy! You're one of the original gang. Thanks for being there!

K A B L O O E Y said...

I am VERY IMPRESSED (cough jealous cough); congratulations and happy to be among the proud, the bloggy, the catlady-loving 100+. And I have to check out that aw, shucks-ing WTF-ing Maelstrom guy, because he does sound like a badass worth knowing.

ReformingGeek said...

I'm the red-headed step child follower. ;-)

You must have angered Google for he isn't recognizing me as "logged in" but I see my thumbnail on your list.

Indigo Roth said...

Hi Catlady! Well, yes, sounds superb. Though "hot" may breach trading standards as a description in my case. I'll prepare myself for a photoshoot; I only have one RECENT photo ;> Indigo

Bird Shit said...

Congrats on the 100!

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

K a b l o o e y: Aw, thanks you explosive, dynamic, scientist mom, you! I put you on my blog roll, but it isn't picking up your feed. Guess I'll just have to keep checking in on you manually! *sigh* Good friends are hard to find, I guess.

Reffie & Step child: The Google Gods must be angry with me because I'm having all sorts of trouble getting people set up on my blog roll. Was it something I said? Anyway, glad you're here!
Memo to self: Must perform sacrifice to appease the Google Gods... where's that raccoon I saw hanging around here?

Indigo: Personally, I think your mug shot would be perfect... makes you look like a real badass!

Bird Shit & Baby Caca: Gee, Thanks! But don't you think you should actually count twice? Since you are twins and all!

Anonymous said...

Way to spread some good bloggy love. Congrats on 100! You are awesome. Peace out.........

Related Posts with Thumbnails