Sunday, October 7, 2012

Craftsman: Day 7 of 30 Days of Photographs III

I consider myself a woman of independent spirit, if not independent means.  I live on my own and wherever possible I try to do things for myself, including home repairs.  I'm not too bad at drywall and have replaced broken glass in windows.  I can wallpaper and paint without too much pain and suffering.  I've installed simple household items such as faucets and light fixtures.  I've even moved an electrical outlet without electrocuting myself or burning down the house afterward by leaving bare wires inside my walls.

The key to these minor successes in home maintenance?  My father taught me early on that if you're going to do something you need the right tools.  And the tools of choice, according to him, are Craftsman.  Sturdy, well made, good value, lifetime warranty.  Works for me.

Almost all of the tools in my trusty tool box are Craftsman and my lawn mower is a Craftsman, too. But my favorite tool?  That's the one that doesn't match the others. It's my Yankee Handyman push drill.


Simple mechanics, no electricity needed.  Just pop in the drill bit, line up the point and push that sucker into whatever you're trying to drill.  The perfect tool for the home craftswoman.

As for the project folder from the home improvement company?  There's a simple explanation... I may be somewhat foolish, but I'm smart enough to know when something's over my head.  I don't mess with roofing.

* * * * * * * * * *

My blogging friends, Michael and Ziva are sponsoring another 30 Days of Photographs challenge.  This is their third version of the challenge and my first attempt to meet it. To see how others have responded to the prompts, check in with Ziva at 30 Days of Photographs III.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails