Saturday, October 13, 2012

Calm: Day 13 of 30 Days of Photographs III

I work at the Home for Wayward Wee Ones, where conflict resolution is a major portion of our day.  Have you ever tried to reason with a preschooler?  Welcome to my world.

The first step in our conflict resolution process is "Approach calmly and stop any hurtful actions."

Most days I'm all mellow and peaceful and approach calmly.  Those years of practicing Transcendental Meditation pay off.  I know Maharishi is out there giggling as he levitates in some other dimension.

Other days, it's not so easy.  My blood pressure and anxiety skyrocket and "calm" seems like a foreign language.  For those days I have a whole different mantra...



"Better living through chemistry."


* * * * * * * * * *

My blogging friends, Michael and Ziva are sponsoring another 30 Days of Photographs challenge.  This is their third version of the challenge and my first attempt to meet it. To see how others have responded to the prompts, check in with Ziva at 30 Days of Photographs III.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails