Sunday, February 2, 2014

On the Road with 30M2DoW


Episode 2: It Was No Accident

As I turned back toward the highway, Henry started to bark.  Incessantly.  I knew it had been a mistake to bring along the beast my son lovingly dubbed “The Infernal Spawn of Evil”.  But unlike cats, you can’t leave dogs home alone for long periods of time.  When he starts barking like that it’s usually a warning that something bad is about to happen.  Sure enough, shortly after the cacophony began, Old Blue began to sputter and shake.  I thought she had one more road trip left in her, but perhaps my mechanic had been right… it was time to turn her out to pasture and fork over the cash for a new means of transportation.  As I pulled Old Blue to the curb, an orange van appeared in my rear-view mirror.  I prayed the driver would take pity on us and stop so we could catch a lift to the next town.   The van began to slow, pulling off onto the side of the road. Closer and closer it came… until it bumped into Old Blue, sounding the death knell to her rusted chassis.  What the….?


It was no accident.  There in the driver seat, propped up on a bunch of old Montreal phone books, was Max.  Seriously, Nicky?  You had to send your kid to keep track of me?  


To be continued….

* * * * * * * * *

Yes, it's February, which means it's time for another round of 30M2DoW. (That's "30 Minus 2 Days of Writing" to the uninitiated).  Be sure to stop over at the We Work for Cheese to see who else Nicky and Cheesy Mike finagled into playing along.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails