Monday, February 17, 2014

On the Road with 30M2DoW: Episode 17


I faked it


Bud had become a boon companion, but I was starting to feel like American beer and driving a big rig in the snow were not my cup of tea. So I had Bud drop Henry and I off at the nearest airport. I left the axe with Bud since TSA is not so accommodating when it comes to weapons.

Without the axe, I knew I would need a place that would be welcoming... and warm.  There was only one place that fit the bill.

The House of Many Dogs. Yes, we were off to see Zoe, Harry, Alex and Linda.  Henry and I would feel right at home there. Linda even had a good substitute for the axe.


That Linda's my kind of woman!

The only problem I could foresee was that Linda adores Nicky. I had to be careful what I said in front of her.  It was hard to keep talking about how wonderful Nicky is, (I faked it,) but I managed to steer the conversation away from such volatile subjects for the better part of the first evening.

The next day was splendid.  Linda and Alex took me all over town.  (With Zoe, Harry & Henry tagging along.)  I'd been meaning to visit for years and was so glad I finally made it to the west coast.  In fact, I almost forgot about why I was there in the first place.

Now that Linda had a fabulous new kitchen, she and Alex decided to make me a gourmet dinner at home and invite a few friends over.

We'd already been through two bottles of California wine when there was a knock on the door...

Jayne!  (of the size 4 ass)  Margaret!  (of the goats)  Oh, happy day!  Two of my other favorite bloggers!  This was going to be a fabulous night!

We'd just opened our fifth bottle of wine when there was another knock on the door.

Oh, crap!  Please tell me it wasn't true!


I was in big trouble!


To be continued...

* * * * * * * * *

Head on over to the Cheese Shop to see who's participating in the 30 Minus 2 Days of Writing challenge today.  And please... take Nicky with you!


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails