Sunday, February 9, 2014

On the Road with 30M2DoW: Episode 9

Dylan


Dufus had rushed off to who knows where.  Maryse and I figured we'd meet up with him at Rover's Rump a little later in the day.  In the meantime, we had a blast, talking about Dufus while he wasn't there and rearranging his album collection by color.  (Just to mess with him.)

It was late in the evening when we heard the garbage cans outside crashing around.  "Dufus is home!" we both said in unison, laughing and having a good time.  Perhaps it was the empty bottles on the kitchen counter that were responsible for our levity, but seriously, it had been an awesome day.

We were just about to go open the door leading out to the deck to let him in, when we noticed a pair of eyes peering in through the kitchen window.

Nicky!

How had she gotten Dufus's address?

There was only one thing to do.  We turned out the lights and turned up the tunes.

Go away from my window
Leave at your own chosen speed
I'm not the one you want, babe
I'm not the one you need
You say you're lookin' for someone
Whose vodka's never weak but always strong
To write your stupid blogs for you
Whether prompts are right or wrong
Someone to write each and every day

But it ain't me, babe
No, no, no, it ain't me, babe
It ain't me you're lookin' for

Go lightly from the ledge, babe
Go lightly on the ground
I'm not the one you want, babe
I'll only let you down
You say you're lookin' for someone
Who'll write for every stupid prompt
Someone to write your blog for you
Someone close to your evil heart
Someone who'll write for you and even more

But it still ain't me, babe
No, no, no, it sure ain't me, babe
It ain't me you're lookin' for

Go, melt back into the night
Everything inside is made of stone
There's nothing in here moving
An' anyway I'm not alone
You say you're looking for someone
Who'll pick up your vodka and all
To gather followers constantly
And to write every time you call
A lover for your life, and nothing more

But it ain't me, babe
No, no, no,it ain't me, babe
It ain't me you're lookin' for
(That would be Ziva.)  

Maryse whispered, "For once in my life, I'm actually glad Dufus has an album for every occasion."


To be continued...

* * * * * * * * *

Now, go away from my window and go check out who else is writing about Dylan today over at We Work for Cheese.  (Just don't tell Nicky who sent you.)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails