Thursday, February 6, 2014

On the Road with 30M2DoW: Episode 6

Scatterbrained 

Well, I have to say there were a few words describing Nicky on those crumpled pieces of paper that shocked even me.  I was glad Max wasn't here to read them.  


Peu désordonnée?  Nicky est une connivence sorcière.
I'll show you scatterbrained!


Beneath the writing was a rather impressive doodle with Nicky's name written in Dufus's distinctive scrawl across the bottom of the page.


And Dufus used to be such a kind, thoughtful man.  What was this scheme of Nicky's doing to us?  Then on another scrap of paper I found:

Aide-moi, Maryse, avant de faire quelque chose que je vais regretter!

I already knew Dufus relied completely on the fair Maryse for his stability, so I figured it was time to head back to Chez Dufus to see if he'd made it back home yet.  I went to pay my tab, but as I approached the bar the man in the trench coat and fedora, (without even looking at me,) said, "C'est sur moi, petite amie.  It's on me, toots."  I nodded my thanks and went back out into the night, small dog in tow.

It had been nearly two years since I'd seen Maryse, but she recognized me right away and welcomed me with open arms.  "Mais bien sûr, vous allez rester avec nous pendant quelques jours !  But of course you'll stay with us for a few days."

Finally... a friendly face and a warm place to sleep for the night.  We'd sort the rest of it out in the morning.  It had been a long day.  A very long day.


To be continued...

* * * * * * * * *

Now, stroll on over to We Work for Cheese for your evening constitutional to see who else is making disparaging remarks about Nicky and her 30 Minus 2 Days of Writing challenge today!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails