Sunday, February 10, 2013

Catch-Up Day (30M2DoW: Days 7-10)

The winter wonderland outside my window yesterday... note street sign knocked down by snowplow.

Please forgive me... I've been hibernating, what with the snow and all.  While I was asleep, it seems I've missed a few days of the "30 Minus 2 Days of Writing" challenge.  What's that?  You didn't notice?   Well, let me catch you up anyway....

Day 7: Texting

My son's been living at home since he graduated from college.  (That seems to be happening in a lot of households, lately.)  Turns out, he's a pretty good roommate, so I let him stay here at the Crap Shack while he saves up money to get his own place.  I work 8 to 5 and he works 4 to midnight, so we rarely see each other.  He usually sends me a text on his break around 9 p.m.  Just to let me know he's alive... in case I didn't already figure that out by the extra dishes left in the sink.  That's about the extent of my texting.  Enough said about texting...

Day 8:  French

I audited a French class at the University of Rochester back in the early 80's.  It was soon after I was married and my spouse also registered for the course so we could have some together time.  He went to the first couple of classes with me, then started bugging out so he could go to the library instead.  Turns out he was meeting up with a co-worker... to make out in the stacks.  Ou est mon mari?  Didn't bode well for extended marital bliss.  But because I'm a glutton for punishment, I remained married for another 23 years.  Enough said about French...

Day 9:  Fifteen Minutes

Yes, I've had my fifteen minutes of fame, as predicted by Andy Warhol.  Mine came a little late in life... actually about 3 months ago.   I almost missed it while I was taking a brief hiatus from obsessive compulsive internet immersion.  Turns out I was named by the Huffington Post as one of the top 7 women bloggers over the age of 50.  Go figure!  Enough said about fifteen minutes...

Day 10:  The Mayor

I've never met the mayor, but if I did, I'm sure he'd have a swell tie like Indigo's.

Indigo Roth ties a mean Eldredge.

So, if I ever move to England, I'm voting for Indigo for Mayor of Cambridge.  (So long as his friend, King, isn't also running... I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of King.)  Enough said about The Mayor...

Okay, I think I'm all caught up now.  Time to go back to bed.

* * * * * * * * * *

Now go check out the other writers who have been a bit more diligent than I have on keeping up with the "30 Minus 2 Days of Writing" challenge.  When all's said and done, I'm sure they'll be having more than 15 minutes of fame as a result.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails