Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Late Night Adventures of Tilly, the One-Eyed Cat

Well, it's our second day here in the country.  After a sleepless night due to roaming critters who think that 2am is play time, the sun is shining.  The snow isn't as deep as was expected but it's still a challenge to maneuver my way to the chicken chalet...

Then there are the bird feeders to get to... 
These two rascals decided to come empty the bird feeders yesterday afternoon as I watched them from the window.  I could have sent the dogs out to run them off, but the Wonder Dog and his Valentine-sending girlfriend Sadie are getting on in years and don't have the ambition anymore for that task.

Of course, that's not to say they don't have the energy for shenanigans at other times.  I sleep on the couch downstairs when I'm out here in the country, what with my bum knee and canines who keep wanting to go out to play in the middle of the night.  It's just easier that way.  I can let them out and fall back to sleep for a few moments until they bark to let me know they want to come back in.  At home Hickory normally sleeps through the night but when we're out here Sadie's nocturnal movements make him want to join in the fun.  He sleeps next to me on floor, with Sadie sleeping at on my feet on the couch.

 But here's the main culprit keeping me awake at night...


Tilly the One-Eyed Cat and her sister, Two-Eyed Willa are new since I was last here.  I haven't seen that much of Willa, but Tilly just gets revved up once the sun goes down. 


One-Eyed Tilly has those sharp little kitty teeth and claws... perfect for gnawing on me in the middle of the night.  And she's particularly fond of eating my pony tail.  I've found the best protection is wearing a hoody to bed.  Between Sadie sleeping on my feet between romps outside and Tilly doing her best to use me for a scratching post, it makes for a short night.  Not really a problem since today's Sunday and I can take as many cat naps as I want. 

But tomorrow is a work day... which means I'd better wear ear plugs and body armor to bed tonight.  Otherwise, I can't be held responsible for what might happen to the kidlets at school...  it's not pretty when I haven't gotten my beauty sanity rest.  
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails