Saturday, February 8, 2014

On the Road with 30M2DoW: Episode 8

Damn

I slept in the next morning.  When I woke up the sun was high in the sky and there was music coming from downstairs.  At first I thought it was Dylan, but Dufus assured he we wouldn't be breaking out any Dylan until tomorrow.  He also called me a cretin that I could mistake anyone else for Dylan.  

"Sit down.  You're just in time for breakfast."

Damn... what was that glop he set before me?


I thought perhaps Dufus had brought up the dregs of his last meal, but he assured me this was the finest in Canadian Cuisine.  I wasn't aware there was such a thing as Canadian Cuisine.  

Dufus enlightened me.  "It's called poutine."

Poutine Cuisine.  The name suits it.

As I ran, gagging, for the powder room, I could hear Henry lapping up the gravy off the fries and cheese curds.

To be continued...

* * * * * * * * *

Looking for some more Canadian Cuisine?  Stop over at We Work For Cheese to see who else is damning Nicky today for starting the "30 Minus 2 Days of Writing" all over again.  She might even have some cheese curds left to share with you.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails