Friday, February 14, 2014

On the Road with 30M2DoW: Episode 14

It has to be aliens.


It was a dark and stormy night in Ottawa.  I had been incommunicado for 24 hours, but I was finally ready to make my move.

There was only one problem.  I needed a car.  Do you know how difficult it is to rent a car in Canada when you're not Canadian?  I was a stranger in a strange land.

As I sat at the counter at the rental car company, trying to explain why I needed to take a car from Canada to some unknown location, the poor woman behind the counter was bewildered.

"But, ma'am... I can't rent you a car unless you tell me where you are taking it."

Seriously?  She obviously didn't understand the gravity of my situation.  If I told her where I was taking the car, Nicky could trace my movements.  I'd be better off catching a ride with aliens for all the progress I was making.



That was it!  It had to be aliens!  Well, maybe not that kind of alien.  I just needed to find another American willing to take me over the border.


To be continued...

* * * * * * * * *

Will Boom Boom find a ride?  Check in tomorrow to find out.  In the meantime, check in with Nicky over at We Work for Cheese to see who else is participating today in "30 Minus 2 Days of Writing."

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails