Saturday, February 1, 2014

30M2DoW Begins


Episode 1: Gouda

It had already been a long, cold winter and it was only the end of January.  There was only one thing to do… get out of town.  I set my sights for Florida, but somehow made a wrong turn once I reached Interstate 81.  I ended up heading north instead of south.  A rookie mistake.  No problem, though.  At the first rest area I’d turn around.  Pulling off the expressway I stopped near a picnic table to walk the dog before heading for the facilities to relieve myself of the large tankard of coffee I’d been nursing since leaving Rochester.  Approaching the picnic table I was perplexed to find a round object wrapped in red wax.  What was a wheel of gouda doing there? Perhaps another traveller had left it.  Then I noticed a note was attached. 






As Henry took care of business and I thought to myself, “What the hell?  How had Nicky found me?” 


To be continued…

* * * * * * * * * *

Yes, boys and girls, it's time once again for 30 Minus 2 Days of Writing.  Nicky and Cheesy Mike over at We Work for Cheese will be keeping us on our toes as we try to meet the challenge. Head on over there and check out who else is crazy enough to buy into this nonsense!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails