Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cluttered Times


So, I was over at Steamy's blog this morning and noticed some interesting newspaper articles. Imagine my surprise when I began reading this particular article, which sounded strangely familiar.  

It was only last week that I was contemplating having a garage sale with a friend to raise cash for food, what with being unemployed and all.  Perhaps I should rethink that.  Not that I shouldn't sell some of my crap... I should just be a little more thoughtful about it.  Although, I do hear that you can get a pretty good price on the black market for certain items in my Connoisseur's Collection of Crap

I just won't invite the neighborhood kids over to play on Garage Sale Day.


11 comments:

Mr. Glob said...

HAHA! kids...

Anonymous said...

I've got a tween I wouldn't mind donating... to help! Not sell! Really!

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Mr. Glob... I know, aren't they fun to sell!

Quirky... but think of how much Dr. Pepper we could buy with the proceeds if we sold Quirky Son!

KC said...

EBay - it would probably be hard to "accidentally" sell a kid on EBay.

NJ Pigno said...

Accidentally? Accidentally sell a kid at a garage sale? That's ridiculous. I would never see a kid accidentally- only purposefully.

Madame DeFarge said...

Oh I don't know, I think you could make a fair bit out of this venture. Maybe they'd been watching too much Toy Story

Skye said...

Oh wow, that is absolutely hilarious! I'll donate my tween along with QuirkySon. She can "help" him raise the money for your Dr. Peppers...lol.

Vic said...

I'm sending the neighbor boy to your house. You may have to discount him heavily in order to move the merchandise, but I'd be eternally grateful.

SquirrelQueen said...

That is way too funny.

Moooooog35 said...

I knew that Old Navy kid looked familiar.

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

KC... EBay... but then wouldn't I have to pack everything up and ship it? I think that would be way too much work!

Nanodance.... I've never done anything purposefully in my entire life! My life is a series of misadventures.

MME DeFarge... Between this and the money from returning all the Dr. Pepper empties, I can remain unemployed for quite some time.

Skye... Send her on over! However, I'm a bit concerned that between me and the tweens, we might drink more Dr. Pepper than the quantity of crap we sell.

Vic... I could offer the neighbor boy at a special sale price... like for free... just because I like you.

SquirrelQueen... Come visit anytime... I don't actually have any cats, so you don't need to worry about them chasing your fluffy tail.

moooooog... I get a special discount at Old Navy because of that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails