Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Madame DeFarge Solves the Mystery of the Scongs!

We have a winner!  In my last post I was wondering WTF the scongs were that got left on the moon...

Number 18 on the list is "scongs". WTF is a scong? (If anyone can tell me, I'll personally give you credit in my next blog posting.)

  Madame DeFarge promptly enlightened me....
Madame DeFarge said...

Scongs - a combination of a
scoop and tongs for rock samples. Husband is rockhound and space fan. I feel that our domestic mess is a homage to the moon now.

I'd been staying up late at night, wondering what scongs could possibly be.  Inquiring minds wanted to know!  And now we do!  So let's give credit where credit is due...

Thank you, thank you, Madame DeFarge!
What are the odds M. DeFarge would be BOTH a rockhound and space fan? How freakin' awesome is that?

Your friend,
Cat Lady

P.S.  According to Urban Dictionary online, scong has yet another meaning.  
sconglove it hate it
Scong is a word meaning to steal or hit someone
I ran up on that dude and i was like scong and snatched that shit.

Maybe Neil Armstrong was like...   "I'm so gonna scong anybody else who be trying to scong this crap."

3 comments:

Madame DeFarge said...

I am humbled by this recognition. M. DeFarge is crowing with delight at his international fame. I shall not hear the end of this.

NJ Pigno said...

What did that scong look like exactly? I am just wondering because I just happened to lose MY scong in, when was it? Let me see....I haven't seen it since 1969. Interesting coincidence, don't you think?

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Madame DeFarge,
It is my pleasure to tell the world of your precociousness in correctly identifying the scong However, I hope I haven't created a monster by naming M. DeFarge as the ultimate authority on scongs. Look at the bright side... as a result of his newfound international fame, he'll probably get all sorts of annoying emails and phone calls asking him to speak at space or rockhound conferences. Then he'll be singing another tune!

Nanodance,
Perhaps M. DeFarge has seen it. Did you write your name on it with a Sharpie? Big mistake if you didn't! Otherwise, you'll have to scong the NASA people and tell them to give you your freakin' scong back. (And let them know they have to pay for the postage to return it.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails