Monday, November 1, 2010

Klutz Update

My daily routine has been totally revamped since breaking my leg and becoming dependent upon the kindness of strangers friends.  Stuck in a recliner most of the day, I keep in touch with the world electronically rather than venturing out.  However, being away from my home and my "writing chair", I've found it difficult to keep up with my writing.  I had no idea my chair was so integral to my semi-creative process.  Or maybe it's just the difference between the quiet solitude of my house vs. a house with animals and actual people to talk to throughout the course of the day. 

Rather than lamenting my lack of creativity, though, I've been embracing the opportunity to spend time with these wonderful friends who have taken me into their home and attended to my every need. 
I find I laugh a lot more when around people and that aids in my recovery.

However, I did have a bit of a setback late last week when I visited the doctor for the first time since being discharged from the hospital.  Originally I had been told I'd be off my leg for four to six weeks, so imagine my dismay when they told me it would be another TEN weeks before I could put any weight on my leg.  What the.....?  I'll never get home again at this rate! 

But then, once I took a look at the x-rays, I began to understand.  I had imagined a neat little plate with some delicate screws holding my fibula together.  I had no idea it would actually look like this:


Yeah, there's the plate with the six delicate little screws, but what's with those great big long screws?  Who knew I was going to become the bionic woman?  Now... if only all that hardware actually made me able to leap tall buildings at a single bound...
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails