Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Meeting: Magpie Tales II


Willow over at Life at Willow Manor  has come up with a new photo prompt for bloggers on a site called Magpie Tales.  She'll be posting a photo weekly as a prompt for a fictional account or poem telling of its history and/or how the item in the photo came to be in your possession.  Be sure to check out the other people creating a tale this week.  And now, on with the show...


"Meet me at 9pm in the lobby of the Hotel Forum in Bratislava," the note said.

It's a meeting I'm dreading and longing for at the same time. I smoke nervously, waiting to meet the woman who might be the one who gave birth to me.  Will she show up?  Will I recognize her?   Will it really be her this time?  It's been such a long journey.  Or will I find my dreams shattered?  Will it be another red herring?  Will my search once again go up in smoke?

As I take one last drag on the cigarette, a woman approaches...   It might be her...  Please let it be her...
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails