Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Destiny Awaits!

About two weeks ago, my bloggy friend, Eolist Petite honored me with an award:


I love you, too, Ms. Petite!  To accept the award I have to answer one teeny tiny question:

Ms. Petite asked "because i know that life is an odd thing and it takes us not where we want to go but where we belong... What /Who/ and/or Where would you be if you could choose your own destiny?"

REALLY?  I get to choose my own destiny?  What a blast!  And what better time to think about these things than on my birthday.


At 57, I guess there's even still time to change my real life destiny.  In my fantasy world, I would still be me, but I'd have a trusty companion who is not a canine.  Someone to talk to and laugh with and share meals and wine and a cozy bed with.  Somebody who would look beyond my appearance to appreciate who I am as a person and not judge me for being a bit off center.  I'd still be teaching and writing, but perhaps making a tad more money than I am now so I could eventually retire and spend all my time reading and writing, with a bit of travel thrown in every once in awhile.  And of course, I'd live in a little cottage somewhere, preferably near a lake or mountains.  Someplace that looks like this...


or this....

or perhaps this...


I'm not picky.  Nothing big or fancy, but just a cozy, quiet place.

That's not too much to ask for, is it?  A girl can always dream...
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails